09 Dec Why Are Online Reviews So Important?
Online reviews are a key tool that travelers use when researching upcoming trips and vacations. As people have moved away from booking trips through travel agents or over the phone, online reviews have become increasingly important.
Just how important are reviews? We’ll let the numbers do the talking:
- 93% of global travelers say their booking decisions are impacted by online reviews.
- 70% of global consumers say online consumer reviews are the second most trusted form of advertising. (The most trusted form of advertising, in this case, is traditional word of mouth.)
- 65% of leisure travelers begin researching online before they have decided where or how to travel. This means that online reviews could actually determine where people go, what they do, and where they stay on their vacations!
- Travel planning is dominated by online resources, with travel review websites having the most influence (69%.) In other words, most travel planning is now done online. Of all the online resources for travel planning, review websites influence buying decisions the most.
These four numbers are more than enough evidence to show how important online reviews are for your business. Consider the impact online reviews could have on your business:
- Improve your bottom line: The more consumers trust your business, the more likely they are to spend their money on it. Reviews create the trust needed to facilitate online sales and bookings.
- Feedback from customers: Some people may not be comfortable giving feedback in person, or if they do, it may never actually reach you. Reviews give consumers a voice, and in turn, allow you an opportunity to listen to what they have to say in an unbiased forum.
- Bonus: Reviews also create engagement and loyalty! Happy customers that take time to leave you a good review are advocates for your business. You can foster the relationship by replying to their reviews and acknowledging and thanking them. When they are in need of your product or service in the future, you’ll be the first one they think of!
- Free marketing: Review sites have become very prevalent in search results and as part of the travel research process, and most review sites are free for a basic listing. Because reviews are so trusted, having great reviews is one of the best ways to market your business online.
If you want to learn how to get more 5-star reviews, contact us here! We would love to hear from you.