10 Jun 10 Instagram Tips for Businesses
Posted at 00:24h in Digital University, Social Media Tutorials
- You can take and share a photo straight from Instagram, but you can also share photos that are already stored on your phone. Once you sign up, you can start sharing photos you’ve already taken right away, if you have some good ones.
- Enable Notifications – Know when your followers are liking and commenting, and engage with them.
- Respond to comments and follow back users when they follow you.
- Link to Facebook and Twitter so that you can reach all of your networks with only one post if you choose to.. Bonus: This saves time for you, too! See our “Instagram and Facebook” tutorial for more instructions on this.
- Bonus Tip: If you have a solid Facebook fan base, but are new to Instagram, post on Facebook and remind your Facebook fans to follow you on Instagram! Many of your Facebook users are likely already Instagram users.
- Be innovative & creative with photos. Use filters if you want, but they aren’t always needed. (Use the #nofilter hashtag for beautiful photos that you don’t use a filter on.)
- Add captions before sharing. Ask your audience questions and keep them engaged.
- Establish a hashtag for your business from the beginning. Use it and other trending hashtags frequently – hashtags are huge on Instagram.
- Make sure your profile is complete and include your company’s website. This is the only URL you will be able to have on Instagram!
- Showcase your products and offerings and highlight any details.
- Use the geo-tagging feature, especially if you travel to different areas.